Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I have a car title in my name and my sons name. Have a new loan with just his name on it. How do I transfer?

Basically I am just wondering how to change the title into his name, without paying unecessary taxes.I have a car title in my name and my sons name. Have a new loan with just his name on it. How do I transfer?
you need to go to the dmv with the title in hand and your son they will show you where to sign and what form to fill out just say you are giving it to him as a gift and there should be no sales tax on it, but you will have to pay a small titling feeI have a car title in my name and my sons name. Have a new loan with just his name on it. How do I transfer?
It all depends on 1 if you have the title in your hand 2 how it is worded on the title. If is says your name or your sons name it is simple. (Example Tom Smith or Tommy Smith) all you would have to do is on the back of the title You would fill it out like he is selling the car to himself. That is the easy way.Differentt states havedifferentt laws however and I know for sure that you can not sign the title over to him if you are in a loan. The reason why is because you do notactuallyy own the car if you have a loan out on it still the bank that loaned you the money does. I would contact your Local officials to get the best answer for your state or your local car dealer. :)