Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I get the title of a car that was left for me on a will?

2 years ago, my grandmother died and left her car for me on her will. I was a minor at the time so my dad changed the title so he could have the car for himself. I am 19 now and was wondering how I could get the title back if my dad does not want to hand it over to me willingly. I think I need to file a suit but am unsure how I could do this and what paperwork I need to fill out. How do I get the title of a car that was left for me on a will?
Your dad was probably the executor of the will, and he could do what he did with the title. He may have deemed it's not the kind of car he wants you to drive. I would say your father has a legal right to the car since you were a minor at the time of her death.

Sure, you can contact a lawyer and try to sue your dad, but the only person who would get a good deal that way would be the lawyer. Why would you even consider filing suit against your parent? I can assure you he can make sure you never get the car if you do that. Remember too, that you have to pay for legal service. You don't just fill out and sign a paper. Good luck. How do I get the title of a car that was left for me on a will?
No matter how you look at It or what spin you put on It, It's your fathers car now.Unless you are prepared to go to court. At that time you will have to produce the will with the particulars that gave the car to you.The document from the probate attorney announcing you as the person that was given the car. Unfortunately this will probably make for a lot of hard feelings between you and your father. You will probably have to file suit and serve the papers on him before he will take you serious and maybe make a positive move. Good Luck But be prepared for the worst and hope for the bestHow do I get the title of a car that was left for me on a will?
If your father changed the title to his name it's his, a family matter. You will need a lawyer to force the issue.
  • phone
  • facial hair
  •