Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Car Title laws in iowa>?? HELP?!?

Im 16 years old, and I am buying a vehicle from my mother. My mother and I have had issues in the past with money (such as her going back on a sale and such to get more money out of me) I need to know how old you have to be and if i would be able to get the car title changed over to my name so she can't do anything about my car.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.Car Title laws in iowa%26gt;?? HELP?!?
There is no age restriction. All you need is a clear title, your mother should have. If the vehicle is financed, has a lien, you cannot transfer the title until all money owed against it is paid.



If Mom has a clear title, she signs it over to you. You go to your County Court House, to the motor vehicle division. You will need some type of bill of sale, and millage on the vehicle. You will have to pay sales tax on the purchase, as well as license and registration fees.Car Title laws in iowa%26gt;?? HELP?!?
You have to have valid ID, proof of insurance in your name, and you have to have the title. If anyone else is on the title which is the case when a parent co-sign the loan, then that parent has to sign off on the title before you can even think of going to the DMV to put the title in your name.