Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I bought a Car 8yrs ago lost the title before changing it to my name how do i get a title?

ok i bought this car 8yrs ago i planned to fix it up, it was not running. So i didnt want to change anything till i got it going just right. But now i cant find the title, i moved and it was lost. I do not know where the owners are the wife moved after her husband died. what do i have to do the get a new title for my car.I bought a Car 8yrs ago lost the title before changing it to my name how do i get a title?
Go to a auto title company (they are plentiful) with ID and the VIN number of the car. They should be able to get you a new title from the state.



that being said you have to be the owner (in the last sentence you state %26quot;I do not know where the owners are%26quot;; you are the owner, correct?).