Saturday, November 20, 2010

How much would it cost to change car title in CA?

I want to buy a 1996 Ford Mustang from some guy I was just wondering how much it would cost to change the cars title to my name. The only problem is that the car has Washington license plates and I live in Califrnia it hasn檛 been insured or hasn檛 been registered for the past 2 years. How much would it cost to do all this?How much would it cost to change car title in CA?
https://mv.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/i



I found this in about 5 seconds with Google. Don't forget that you need California insurance on the car to register it.How much would it cost to change car title in CA?
David's correct. But I don't think you can use the the CA calculator for a WA car. but try it anyway.



I would just add that you also need to get the car inspected either at the DMV or AAA Auto Club if you're a member.



You also need to smog it before they will issue CA tags, plates and CA title. The AAA does all this too.



Make sure the emissions label found inside the door has been certified for CA and not just for Federal emissions.



Here are the steps to registering out of state cars:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/how