Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I register a car with no title, get a title and change the title from salvage?

A classic car has come into my possession. It has no title and is just a rolling chassis. How do I register for a title and also, is there a way that I can get it registered as something other than 'salvage' until im finished restoring it? If not, once it has been restored, how do i change its title and who do I get to inspect it?How do I register a car with no title, get a title and change the title from salvage?
I don't believe any authority will allow a registration on a chassis only. I believe you would have to wait until it was finished and road ready before you could get it registeredHow do I register a car with no title, get a title and change the title from salvage?
once it is finished you take it to rego branch and go thru the pits and they will give rego but u have to get a road worthy certificate first