Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change the name on a car title?

I recently bought a truck with my money but parents had it put in their name for control issues. I'm 20 nd in Ohio so just wondering can I change the title to my name without their permission and how can I do this if I can?How do I change the name on a car title?
Take them down to the DMV and get a new title in your name is the only legal way to do it. Signing their names off on the title without their permission is fraud.How do I change the name on a car title?
You're not going to do it without their permission. Simple as that.



And if you haven't put any money into the truck then it is only yours because you drive it. Your parents own that car.How do I change the name on a car title?
In my state, you have to have your parent's notarize the current title, then you can get a new title. No other way.







I also agree with REV B and Raider3How do I change the name on a car title?
not without parenst permission, sorry its not in reality your truck until dad says it is!