Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do a I change the title when I have the signed title but no bill of sale.?

My exhuband was given a car and the title to it. The title was signed but he never changed the title over to his name. Then he abandon the car. How would I change the title into my name, when I can not locate the origianl onwer to sign and notarized a the Application for Kentucky Certificate of Title and Registration.How do a I change the title when I have the signed title but no bill of sale.?
First, he has to change the title to his name, so that he legally owns it.



Or, you can try to file for an abandoned vehicle - but then you need a title bond, and hundreds of dollars, and it will take a while.How do a I change the title when I have the signed title but no bill of sale.?
Your ex-husband needs to register it since he is the owner of the vehicle. Then he can sign it over to you.