Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How much will it cost to change the title when I sell my car?

My girlfriend is buying my old car off of me because I am buying a new car. Georgia's DMV site is confusing to me as to what fees I need to pay. How much will it cost to take my name off of the title and put her on to it? Also, what form do we need to fill out?How much will it cost to change the title when I sell my car?
You don't need to pay any fees. The buyer will take care of that.



You must register your vehicle within 30 days of purchase or within 30 days of residency, whichever applies, and then reapply for a new tag each year. Applying for a title and registering your vehicle can be done with the same application. Georgia titles are not required for car models 1963 to 1985.



Georgia counties vary in their requirements for vehicle registration. Call your county tax commissioner for specific details for where you live.How much will it cost to change the title when I sell my car?
A Georgia title costs $18 and then it is $20 for registration. She will also need to pay tax which is based on vehicle value. Decided ahead of time what you are saying she paid for the vehicle.How much will it cost to change the title when I sell my car?
all you do is sign the back where it say seller she signs where it says buyer she pays to have the title put in her name.... and it dont cost that much in some state.... try looking for that answer at the dmv online maybe