Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Change out of state car title?

my brother live in IL just gave me an old car as gift, any body has any idea how much it will cost to switch title to my name I live in TXChange out of state car title?
1. You will have to have your vehicle inspected first a one year safety sticker costs $14.50. Some counties require emissions tests that cost about $30.00

2. Title application costs either $28 or $33.00 depending on your county

3. Use tax for a gift will be only $10.00

4. Proof of insurance is required before they will title your vehicle.

5. Registration fees (tags) are between $40.80 and $58.80. Yours will be on the lower end of the fee scale



I would say that you are looking between $100.00 and $150.00 plus the cost of insurance.Change out of state car title?
type into searchbox

TX DMV



look up number cal them wil get you a bout price