Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I get my husband's name off my car title in SC?

My husband co-signed for my car. Now we are separated. He has never paid anything for the car and has agreed to let me take his name off the title. I get a homestead exemption on property taxes so it will save me money to take his name off. How do I go about changing the title and registration? I am in South Carolina.How do I get my husband%26039;s name off my car title in SC?
You have to buy it from him.'How do I get my husband%26039;s name off my car title in SC?
You have to refinance the car in your name.How do I get my husband%26039;s name off my car title in SC?
I believe that he has to actually sign-off on the title. You can then apply for a new title. If he is on a loan with you, you can apply for a new loan to pay off the existing amount. I would check with your local license branch.How do I get my husband%26039;s name off my car title in SC?
Check with your DMV. A notarized quit claim should do it almost anywhere.How do I get my husband%26039;s name off my car title in SC?
Go to Staples or Office Depot or something and get a Quit Claim Deed. Then you can buy it from him for $1. You both sign it and get it notarized.How do I get my husband%26039;s name off my car title in SC?
just sign his name over to you then go to dmv as if you bought it off him really easy but your the going to have to sign his name.