Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to change car title to my name in texas?

I bought a Car 8 years ago and my Mom put it on her credit so the title was in her name. I finally paid the car off and need to put it in my name. I already paid the taxes when I made all the payments. What can I do to avoid all the extra cost of taxes? Is the title all I need? The car's registration is old and I need to update that. Will I need her for that? Can both be done at DPS? thanks!How to change car title to my name in texas?
You can go to the DPS office but any DMV office will do and you will have to apply for a new title in your name and your mom will have to sign off on the title.



You will need a Application for Texas Certificate of Title (Form 130-U) and just put the amount of $1.00 in the sales space that your mom sold it to you and that way you will only be out around 0.63 cents for the taxes.



https://www.uhcu.org/files/Texas-Certifi