Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change a title to a car in my name? Probate a will?

My ex-husband passed away a few months ago. His only heir is our daughter who is just ten years old. The only property he had was a car. How do I change the title of the car to my name or can I change it to my daughters (remember she is only 10)?How do I change a title to a car in my name? Probate a will?
I am sorry for your loss.



Consult your attorney to determine whether or not to probate the will. Since there are few assets to the estate, you may not need to probate the will. Your attorney will tell you the steps in your state to change the car title.How do I change a title to a car in my name? Probate a will?
You can go to probate court and fill out a form and the fee was only $1.00 in N.Y. and it takes a couple days. Or just sign the title( hubbys signature ) and back date it to a few days before your husband passed and just go to motor vehicle and registar it.How do I change a title to a car in my name? Probate a will?
did he have a will? if not, disposition of his property would be up to a probate court, and I tend to think they wouldn't give the ex-wife a cut. the proceeds of the estate would probably go to his daughter, which means you would not get the car.
  • What is a Duvet Cover
  • php web hosting
  •