Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Changing a car title over from a deceased parent? PLEASE HELP?

Okay, so here goes. My mother died unexpectedly several months ago. In her house, I could not find the car title. I am her only child and therefore her only heir.

My mother's half sister's daughter stole my mother's car from the driveway when I was not there. She will not tell me where it is.

And I cannot report it stolen if I don't have the title.

Does anyone know how I can get the title and get it changed over to my name?

Could I just go to the DMV and explain the situation and present her death certificate and my birth certificate, etc and get a new title in my name or what?

PLEASE HELP!

I am 18 and don't have enough money to get a car, but I could trade in this car to help me get my own.Changing a car title over from a deceased parent? PLEASE HELP?
You need to go to the DMV with her death certificate, proof of address in your name, like a utility bill (this will show that you lived with her as well) - then they will verify your documents and then switch the title into your name, a new title. Register it. Then you have to report it stolen. When the cops show up, tell them you only had liability insurance, not full coverage, and you have no clue who stole it. If you tell them your mothers half sister stole it, then they will just tell you to go to court instead of doing their job. When she's caught driving in it, she will be pulled over and arrested. Tell the cops you would like the car back, as it is YOUR PROPERTY. It's up to you if you want to press charges, if you do, she will more than likely spend some time in jail. I'd suggest not pressing charges, but like I said, it's up to.
  • Can you quilt a queen on a regular machine
  • bob hair
  •