Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change my status on a car title from Reg. owner to Legal owner?

I bought a truck in Feb. 2000, paid it off in Aug. 2000 and got the title and letter from the bank stating that the loan was paid in full. However the bank is listed as Legal Owner...how do I get that changed so I can sell the truck and will it be at my expense?How do I change my status on a car title from Reg. owner to Legal owner?
Go back to the bank and have them explain and correct the error.How do I change my status on a car title from Reg. owner to Legal owner?
as long as the leign is released then you can sell it it should be stamped on the frontHow do I change my status on a car title from Reg. owner to Legal owner?
i would not worry about it most titles have the lien holder on them. if you have the title and then you should have no problem selling it. if you have any troubles contact the department of motor vechicals in your town or call the bank.How do I change my status on a car title from Reg. owner to Legal owner?
You take the letter stating the loan is paid in full (lien release) and the title to the DMV. They will issue a new title with a blank legal owner. Unless you are financing the car to the buyer, you don't want your name as legal owner. Just sign off the clear title you will get in the spot where is says %26quot;seller%26quot; after you get paid for the truck.