Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tax on buying a used car from a private seller?

Hey I just bought a car from another person (not a dealership)

Will I have to pay taxes when I got to get the title changed to my name/plates and stuff?

If so how much is the tax?Tax on buying a used car from a private seller?
Yes you will! Every State's tax rate is different. In Missouri it can vary from town to town and county to county. Here much depends on if you live in a City-Limits or not. In towns it's about 2 percentage points higher in most cases.



Rule of thumb: 6% X Price of Vehicle + $50 will get you close. But like I said, every State is different.Tax on buying a used car from a private seller?
yes depending on how much the car was i bought a $1250 and had to pay $250
  • streamreader
  • data into xsds
  •