Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I switch my title of the car into somebody's name?

My boyfriend just received the title of the car from the bank which his ex-girlfriend has/uses. It seems like she finally finished paying it off. I don't see any of her name on the title, only his and her bank that she was paying to. I know I need to get rid of the bank name first, but how do we change his name on the title into her name? Does he need to see her to do that? Also, he does registration and stuff for her everytime the time comes (she mails a check to him) and we are in PA. Sorry I am bit confused about this because I have never done stuff like this before... Please somebody tell us the procedure. Thank you.How do I switch my title of the car into somebody%26039;s name?
The bank name will always be on the title because they owned the car first. He needs to sign in two places on the title (one of front, other on back) and give it to her. She will need to go to the local DMV (Department of Motor Vehicle)office and do the transfer. Make sure she does the transfer. Otherwise, he is still liable for the car. Also, there may be an additional form that he will need to fill out and sign. Call your local DMV office for more details.