Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can someone sign a car title as both buyer and seller, but not be listed on the title as an owner?

I got copies of a title that use to be in mine and a relatives name (the title said 'OR' so I do know that it would have only taken one persons signature to do anything with the car). I was a minor (so I legally couldn't sign anything) and my relative lost their life in an accident while the title was in our names. I recently found out that another relative of mine had changed the title into their name, several years after the accident (I was still a minor). On the title, they signed the title as both the buyer and seller, yet they were not listed on the title. How can this be done?How can someone sign a car title as both buyer and seller, but not be listed on the title as an owner?
The one who signed may have been appointed by the probate court as executor or administrator of the deceased relative's estate.How can someone sign a car title as both buyer and seller, but not be listed on the title as an owner?
?????????????