Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can I get the title of my car......?

I bought a car from a guy a year ago and now that I need to change the registration sticker I don't have the title. How can I still renew that sticker without the title.How can I get the title of my car......?
If you're RENEWING the sticker, you shouldn't need the title, because you should have already sent in the info to get it titled in your name when you bought the car, and they have your information on file. That's assuming you had the title and have just misplaced it. You should still get a copy of your title to have on file, and you can do that through the Department of Motor Vehicles.



If you're just now trying to title the car in your name, it can be done but you'll need to contact your state's Department of Motor Vehicles for instructions. It varies from one state to the next. We bought a vehicle through eBay and the seller never gave us the title. We had to submit a form along with a description of how we got the vehicle, proof that we had paid for it, a bill of sale from the previous owner, proof that he had owned it before selling it to us, and a letter from the police stating that they had checked the VIN and it was legitimate and the vehicle was not stolen.How can I get the title of my car......?
Send it back to the dealershipHow can I get the title of my car......?
go to the place to renew your title atHow can I get the title of my car......?
You have to go down to the DMV and apply for a lost title. Once you get the NEW title, you can do as you wish...How can I get the title of my car......?
rea[ly for a new title at the dmvHow can I get the title of my car......?
back to the dealaHow can I get the title of my car......?
Visit your local tax collectors office, pay them $30 fill out a paper and wait two weeks. Thats what I had to do anyways.How can I get the title of my car......?
You mean renew your registration? You don't need a title to do that, just pay the fee. You may also need a smog certificate.



Contact the DMV to replace your title.How can I get the title of my car......?
do you have a bill of sale at least?



you can file a form for lost title. there is only a small fee to get a new oneHow can I get the title of my car......?
Did the guy put your name on the title??How can I get the title of my car......?
file a lost title claim with the Secretary of state office (DMV)How can I get the title of my car......?
Go to the place where they sell the registration stickers (usually the tax assessor's office) and apply for a %26quot;title search%26quot; in order to get the title. You can get a monthly renewable license plate (those cardboard ones that they put on new cars). You will have to get it renewed every month until you get your title straightened out and get your registration sticker.How can I get the title of my car......?
If you bought it from some guy then you must have a %26quot;bill of sale%26quot;? Did you not get the title when he sold you the car? If a year has passed then you should have made the title change during the transaction? Then taken the title to the DMV or County Tag Office to get a tag registered in YOUR name?



How did you accomplish this a year ago?



If the car is an older model (20 years or more) a %26quot;bill of sale%26quot; will serve as ownership. Take the bill of sale and last years tag receipt to the Tag Office. Ask to apply for a title........



There should be no problem if there is no lein on the title.How can I get the title of my car......?
Did you ever get the title? Ask the DMV for a duplicate title if you were given a title and lost it. If you never registered the vehicle in your name, you messed up.How can I get the title of my car......?
If he never signed the car over to you and transferred the title - you didn't buy it.



One exception - some states allow vehicles over ten years to be transferred without a title, just a bill of sale. In which case, go to the dmv, and pay to transfer ownership. Don't forget to bring the bill of sale.