Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Any advice on how I can get title for car from a divorce?

I have gotton a divorce 6 months ago and in my decree it states my ex is suppose to sign over the one car to me. well I have not been able to reach him. He has changed his numbers so I cant call him. I dont know what I can do. My lawyer will not help and I need the title asap.Any advice on how I can get title for car from a divorce?
If he has a Social Security number, and a job any decent P.I can find him in an hour or two. File a Contempt action, and remind your lawyer that he can charge him additional attorney fees. If the lawyer still won't help you need a new lawyer.Any advice on how I can get title for car from a divorce?
if you haven't done this by now try this, take decree to your dmv and talk to a person there. they will know what to do. DON'T settle for their first answer, get several opinions.if that doesn't work you will have to file a contempt on him. by the way that's a pretty shitty lawyer you have, he or she knows all this and should have given you the necessary information, no wonder I call the law enforcement bunch the %26quot;domestic enemy.%26quot;