Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My car has a title problem?

My car is a 1993 BMW 325i and it has a clean title but it's 7 (almost 8) years outdated as in the name on the title is from 2002. The seller was given the title but since he had no intention of keeping it he never transferred. I don't even know how many times the title has changed hands before it got to my PO and he's a mechanic so he said he will put a mechanic's lien on it. In order to force the action of getting a title in my name. However, he's so lazy and he's not doing it. So, how can I be proactive in getting a fresh title for me.

I can't get plates in Texas without a title in my name but I'm not sure if I still can with a bill of sale or receipt certifying the sale of the vehicle.



Please help?!



PO means previous ownerMy car has a title problem?
I haven't the faintest idea of what your question is. Maybe a 10 year old can help you compose the question?My car has a title problem?
Someone is going to have to pay for 8 years worth of taxes due the state of Texas. Don't let it be you. Run away from the deal as quickly as you can, because it is clearly NOT your car, it belongs to the person named on the title.



It is unlawful to sell a car without transferring title for anyone other than a dealer. Return it and get your money back.