Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I transfer the title of my car to my ex husband? Both our names are on the original title. ?

OK, this is a very confusing and frustrating situation. I just got divorced and my ex husband was awarded one of our vehicles in the divorce decree. The title is currently in both of our names and was issued in Texas. He is now living in Michigan (where the car is in his possession.) How can I transfer the title into his name while protecting myself in case he never changes the title on his end? Should the divorce decree where it states the VIN and other information of the car be enough to have the title changed into his name? I am willing to pay any fees in order to make sure this happens because I do not want to be liable for any parking tickets, etc. that he might incur.How do I transfer the title of my car to my ex husband? Both our names are on the original title. ?
You sign the back of the title as %26quot;seller%26quot; (leave room for him to sign on the %26quot;seller%26quot; line as well), and send the title to him in Michigan. He has to take care of the rest according to MI DMV requirements. File a Vehicle Transfer Notification with the state of TX ($5) stating that you are no longer the owner of the vehicle. I would call the Michigan DMV and see if they have a similar form you can file in that state. The rest is up to him. You can't retitle the vehicle for him, he has to do it.How do I transfer the title of my car to my ex husband? Both our names are on the original title. ?
First off, is the car paid off? If it is just sign the title and have him take it to a tag agency and they will put it in his name. If its not paid off, he will have to redo the loan to where it is in just his name then you can sign it over. Your family law attorney should of helped you with this. How do I transfer the title of my car to my ex husband? Both our names are on the original title. ?
You should go to the DMV and have it registered as him being the sole owner. This probably requires your signature on the pinkslip. He will have to register it in his name where he lives.How do I transfer the title of my car to my ex husband? Both our names are on the original title. ?
fill out the back section of the title where is says Reassignment Of Title and have him take it into his local dmv.