Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to get the title for my car?

I just recently purchased a car for a private owner. Now I am having serious problems trying to get the title in my name. Well the story is that when i went to buy the car the owner told me that he did have the title but it was still in the previous owners name(which he had bought it from). He told me that he could get in contact with the previous owner to change it over to me. Now he is not able to get get in contact with him so I don't know how to get a title in my own name. Please help me!!!How to get the title for my car?
It depends on which state you are located in. You would have to locate the original owner and ask him to apply for a duplicate title which he can sign over to you. If that is not possible then you would have to request your money back from the person you brought the car from. Never purchase a car without a title and always check id matches title signature and name.How to get the title for my car?
The sate is very flexible with crazy situations. Go to the DMV and telk them you bought the car lost the title and can't find the old owner..



They will let you apply and they will take a few days to see if the car is reported stolen. If the car isn't reported stolen they will give you a title.





Remember the state deals with a lot of not so smart people. The state cant depend on every one having the where with all to keep a dumb piece of paper for 10 years.



Check the FAQ on your state's dmv website. A similar problem will be there for sure.How to get the title for my car?
You did something very unwise. You need to return the car and get your money back or sue him. It is illegal to sell a car that does not have a title you can transfer. The fact he did not get it put in his name immediately is a huge red flag.How to get the title for my car?
depends on ur state i think
  • computer eye strain
  • streamreader
  •