Thursday, September 22, 2011

How does this work? Buying my first car.?

I am buying a used car from a class mate. I do not have the extra cash saved to switch off of my parents insurance on to my own policy and money to transfer title. He wants to sell this weekend. If I were to buy it, and give him the money, could I wait until I get the funds to transfer the title (within two weeks) or would I have to do it all in the same day?



Basically my questions is: Is it mandatory to change a title the day the car would be bought and have proof of insurance, or could it wait? ( I would not be driving the car)



The reason I am asking is my parents need me to get my own policy due to the rates going skyhigh on their part it would be cheaper for me to just get my own.How does this work? Buying my first car.?
You also should compare car insurance quotes for cars before buying one, for example here - carinsurance.yoll.netHow does this work? Buying my first car.?
As long as you or nobody else is going to be driving the car, there should be no problem.

Make certain though-that the person you are buying the car from that you can trust them. Make sure. If not, they could take the car out and drive it around after you pay for it and possibly wreck or damage it or maybe claim you didnt give them any money for the car at all. As long as the title is still in their name, it doesnt matter if you gave them money or not-as long as its still in their name they own it.



If you dont think you can trust the person, consider having the car towed to your house until you can get the title taken care of. It would be worth 50 bucks or whatever to make certain its safe.(that was dumb of me, i imagine if you had the money to get it towed you could get the title fixed)How does this work? Buying my first car.?
don't know where you are, but here I think you have 10 days to get title switched to your name, but cant get your plates until you have proof of insurance. here, if you don't do the switch in the time limit, there is a penalty fee for being lateHow does this work? Buying my first car.?
Get the title and everything else you need. If you say its better to go on your own then do it. Don't wait around for the week to come by because then you will have a car sitting outside like you see in some neighborhoods.How does this work? Buying my first car.?
be sure you're getting clear title, transfer doesn't cost but around $40. to do that,but you must furnish proof of insurance in order to do that. i think your parents can carry you on their policy for like maybe 30 days without penalty,call their agent and ask,stating your intentions and ask his advice. no ,usually 30 day grace period.How does this work? Buying my first car.?
You can wait to register the car, but if you have no insurance then you can not drive the car.How does this work? Buying my first car.?
YOu are not the only person who have ever met this kind of problem,I met this type of problem before.I have good experience here



http://www.AutoInsuranceFree.info



to solve the problem.
  • horses
  • how to communicate with your spouse
  •