Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I receive a copy of a car title with a lien on it?

I purchased a car used from a dealership in Virginia, and I received my car registration and plated through the dealership. I now live in Ohio and when I went to change my registration to this state, I was told I couldn't without a copy of the car title. I told the DMV that I still owed money on the car, but they insisted I still must have a copy of the title before I could register it in OH.

How can I obtain a copy of the car title without going to VA? I looked on the VA DMV website but am unable to get any info because I never had a VA drivers license. Would the dealership be able to help with this?

Thanks for your help!How do I receive a copy of a car title with a lien on it?
Call whomever you are making payments to. They are the ones who are holding the title and they can give you the documentation you need.How do I receive a copy of a car title with a lien on it?
I would contact the dealer and ask for the title. They should have transferred it over to your name already even if you do still owe on it, it would just have them listed as a lien holder.
  • streamreader
  • medium length hair
  •