Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lost car title in RI?

I need a replacement car title in Rhode Island for 1991 car. Since the car is more than 10yo, do I need to provide one for buyer? I heard the law was changed in 2000. Where do I go, how long will it take, should I pay an online service?Lost car title in RI?
You need title for ANY age auto you sell.



Contact RI Dept. Motor Vehicles with VIN , make, model, yr and ask for help. They have a form you'll need to fill out. Read and follow instr. carefully and you'll get duplicate title. I'm sure there's a sm. fee.



How long it takes depends on how quickly you act and respond and how long it takes them to do their job. Usually not long. I would not pay on line svc., but you might be able to do all this, or most of it, on line directly with RI DMV.