Thursday, September 22, 2011

In Michigan, how long does it take to have a car title mailed from the secretary of state?

I bought a car for $800 one week ago today. I took it to secretary of state the same day and had it registered and title switched to my name.This morning, I was offered $3800 for it. I don't think there's anything I can do though because I'm still waiting for the title to be mailed from the state. The prospective buyer has the money now... (I got an excellent deal on the car because the seller was moving the next day and needed cash bad) Is there anything I can do to accept this offer now before they change thier mind?In Michigan, how long does it take to have a car title mailed from the secretary of state?
I would suspect that the title will be in the mail any day now. As long as there were no liens on it then they are pretty quick to get the title's too you. I know any time I've ever bought a car and had to get a new title it was in the mail within 7-10 days. You can sell the car to them but they are the ones handing over the money so if they are trusting that you will supply the title once you have then there is no reason you can't sell the car to them.