Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I need to get a car changed into my name, I live in Texas, how can I do it? See details:?

My dad bought the car from my mom but she sold it, signed the title over. They split up and my dad bought thr car back from the guy that it was sold to. The car was still in my moms name. My mom will not sign the car over to me. If she knew I had it she would come and steal it because its in her name. How can I get it changed into my name, without her having to know about it?I need to get a car changed into my name, I live in Texas, how can I do it? See details:?
You won't be able to do it without your mothers permission. By Texas law she owns the vehicle and she could pick it up. You will have to talk to her because you will need to get it registered once a year. The only other possible way to get around would be to talk to the person she sold the car to and ask if you got a bill of sale or if your mom would get him one. I put a link to some important Texas title forms below.I need to get a car changed into my name, I live in Texas, how can I do it? See details:?
if the seller has singed the back of the title ownership of the car over to you with bill of sale you should call you local Department of motor veicals and they will give you more infomation on what you need to doI need to get a car changed into my name, I live in Texas, how can I do it? See details:?
If your mother sold the car, and signed the title over to someone, they should have had a title issued in their name. The buyer who got the car from you mother should have the car titled in his name. He can them sign the title over to you or your father!



Even if the car is still titled in your mothers name, when she signed it over to the buyer, she ended any right she had to the car. If she was to take the car now, she would be guilty of auto theft!I need to get a car changed into my name, I live in Texas, how can I do it? See details:?
if she signed the title over you shouldn't need your mom the title should have been changed when it was sold to your dad and than again when it was sold to whoever you bought it off of as long as the title is signed your mom has no sayI need to get a car changed into my name, I live in Texas, how can I do it? See details:?
2 possibilities here.

You can have an attorney place a lein on the vehicle, or you can sue the guy who had the car for fraud. It cannot be legal for him to sell you the car if he does not legally own it.I need to get a car changed into my name, I live in Texas, how can I do it? See details:?
Since your mom sold the car and signed the title over to someone who did not title it to themselves, you need to go back to that person and have them title the car properly in their name. Once they get the title in their name, they can title it over to you. This assumes that someone other than your mother still has the copy of the title that she signed over.



If you can't find that person, or if they refuse to title it over (fines for delaying, etc.) then your mom is still the legal owner of the car. If she goes to the tag agency and gets a lost title, it will be in her name and there will be NOTHING that you or anyone else can do about it.



As things sit, she probably has the legal right to take posession of the car and do whatever she pleases with it as she is the only person who can prove ownership.



Get an attorney's advice, but I don't think you have a leg to stand on.I need to get a car changed into my name, I live in Texas, how can I do it? See details:?
NEVER BUY A VEHICLE WITHOUT A CLEAR AND CURRENT TITLE. Period. End of discussion. If it was never changed out of your mother's name, she still owns it.