Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Do you have to pay to change "CRV" to "Accord" on your Accord's title?

My car is a Honda Acccord but the registration says Honda CRV. I got pulled over and was told by the cop to get it changed by going to the DMV.



I went to the DMV and was told to call my bank to send the title over to them because I am still financing the car and so I don't have the title yet.



After the bank sent the title to the DMV, I came back to the DMV to get the title changed back to Honda Accord instead of Honda CRV



When it was done, I was told to pay $60, which I didn't know I even have to pay for it. After all, I had to pay for idiot's typing mistake



1. Do you even have to pay for a change like that because it is ridiculous? If somebody thinks it is unfair and I shouldn't have paid for it, I think so too and I should have asked for the supervisor but I didn't want to make a big scene



2. If you were in my situation, how would try to get the $60 back?Do you have to pay to change %26quot;CRV%26quot; to %26quot;Accord%26quot; on your Accord%26039;s title?
First: my condolances that you are in NJ (ex-NJ guy here)



I think that you should have gotten with the dealer who sold you the car to get the paper work corrected.



You should have complained to the DMV if it was their mistake or problem to start with. Which is sounds like it was if the title said Accord and the Registration said CRV.



It was lame that they didn't tell you upfront that it would cost $60.





nyb