Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I find out if there are any car titles in my name?

When I divorced my ex-husband, we had several cars that had either broken down, or we just trashed and parked behind our barn. Some of them were in my name. I was recently told that my ex is selling alot of these, to people who are changing the VIN numbers for good titles. Is there any way for me to find out if there are any vehicles registered in my name, and what make and model they are? Could I get into legal trouble over this?How can I find out if there are any car titles in my name?
You should be able to go to the department of motor vehicles in your area with you driver's license and find out. What your husbands people are doing is illegal, and if you do nothing you can get in trouble. Notify the police with the names of these people, where they are taking the cars,(if you know,) and ask if they can prevent your hubby from doing this to any of the cars that may currently be in your name.How can I find out if there are any car titles in my name?
I'm assuming you have a file copy of all the titles that he could possible switch. If you get the police involved there will be an investigation and possibly a trial if the police can prove anything, so I would take the copies that I have and run the vin through dmv and check them out.
  • java
  • cool computer mouse
  •