Thursday, June 2, 2011

Is there a website where you can find out who name is on a car title?

and registration too? My mom gave me her old car. I did a report of sell online but never changed the title out of her name. I got a new car and now i'm giving her old car back to her. How do i tell if the car is in my name or hers? Anyone understand what i'm asking? Its kind of confusing! Thanks!Is there a website where you can find out who name is on a car title?
There are a few websites and companies that do that, Mainly TAGTALK but I dont know of their availability to the public. If you are on good terms with the dealership you bought your new car at, you can ask them to look for you. That would be something I would easily do for my customers at my Dealership. (I sell Toyotas in Florida).



Another thing would to be simply calling the DMV and asking them for assistance. They are the ones that update the database that police officers use to keep track of vehicles.Is there a website where you can find out who name is on a car title?
If you never changed the title out of her name into yours, it's still in her name.



But no, there is no web site to confirm owner by VIN or anything else.



Drivers Privacy Protection Act



18 U.S.C. 搂 2721 et. seq.



(Public Law 103-322)