Thursday, June 2, 2011

How can I add information to my already finalized divorce decree or just plain get my car?

Okay. So I kinda keep asking the same question but in the wrong way I guess. My situation is this. I got my divorce decree signed by the judge at the County Clerks office back in October and it states that the Infiniti FX35 that my husband had in his name (but we were both paying for) was to go to me and he would get the other vehicle. He died in December and we didnt get the title changed over to my name yet. We also didnt have the VIN on the divorce decree for the car and now the MVD is saying that my divorce decree has to have the VIN on it for them to change the car over to me because it could be any Infiniti (which is really dumb to me because there was only one Infiniti that we owned-duh). Anywho, simply put, what can I do? I've paid off the car and now they won't let me own it. I'm kinda upset. Please help me if you have any clue as to where I need to go from here. Thank you.How can I add information to my already finalized divorce decree or just plain get my car?
Type alerterr with the vin number and take it along with the divorce decree to the judge who signed it and have him verify that it is the correct one.~