Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do you change a title from one state to another, including ownership?

Ok, my father owns my car currently. He is transferring the car into my name so that I can insure it in South Carolina. It is currently registered in Tennessee. I want to trade the car almost immediately. How do I ago about having the car %26quot;gifted%26quot; to me? Will I have to pay SC taxes on the car and then on the new car when I trade? ThanksHow do you change a title from one state to another, including ownership?
There is no sales tax due when a %26quot;sale%26quot; is between close family members. You will have to pay sales tax on the new car.



BTW %26quot;gifted%26quot; is just a PC word, a fad, a cute new term used by %26quot;wannabes%26quot;. the correct term would be: having the car GIVEN to me.....How do you change a title from one state to another, including ownership?
1. Once title is signed over, you must go to the DMV to take care of registration. So, you will have pay for the new ownership transfer costs, and if you decide to register in South Carolina, you will need plates.



2. Yeah, you will pay taxes, based on what the state determines for the value of the car. You are lucky you don't live in California, as the costs for registration and taxes are based on the value of the car.



3. When you sell the car, you will then sign title over to the buyer. AFTER he or she pays you



4. BEFORE ANY OF THIS, just have your father sign the title, DO NOT sign it, and sell the car to the next owner. That way, you won't have to pay taxes or registration.How do you change a title from one state to another, including ownership?
change a title from one state to another, including ownership --%26gt;%26gt; http://aasia.answersq.com1AALVW8