Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I sell a car when the title is not in my name (in P.A.)?

The car is in my grandmom's name who is deseaced. When she first died, we did all the paper wrk to have the title changed to my name. I have a copy of the paper work she filled out, but the state did not make the change correctly. (I was told to go right back in to fix it but procrastinated) She's now been dead for at least 3 years so the notary said they can't refile the paperwork (even though I have the carbon copies of the filing) with out her original death certificate b/c it looks shady. My Aunt is in California and is having a hard time locating it. Is there anyway around this? We are limited on parking and I need the car sold yesterday.How do I sell a car when the title is not in my name (in P.A.)?
you should be able to get a copy of the death certificate from the county records division . . I was able to pay 2.00 and have one for my father printed while I waited ... I was then able to have the title changed into my name while I waited at the county tax assessor's office . . . the whole process took several hours mostly cause the lines where long at the tax office.



I'm in Texas.How do I sell a car when the title is not in my name (in P.A.)?
sign her name on the back of the title in the proper place and sign her name on the bill of sale to the person who is purchasing the car. no one will ever be the wiser that she didnt sell it herself. good luckHow do I sell a car when the title is not in my name (in P.A.)?
if the state says they cannot do it you will probably just have to file for a lost titleHow do I sell a car when the title is not in my name (in P.A.)?
hmmmmm? when she first died she filled out some paperwork? That's amazing.How do I sell a car when the title is not in my name (in P.A.)?
You can call the state capitol where you live and they should tell you what to do. If this doesn't work call The Legal Aid Society they offer free lawyers.And they can help you.