Thursday, June 2, 2011

Car Registraion/ Title in FLORIDA?

My father wants to change my car over to my name. Does anyone know how do this. I have searched online, but I haven't had anything I am looking for. Has anyone done this, if you have please let me know what i can do!!! SOON!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!Car Registraion/ Title in FLORIDA?
As long as the car is paid for it is simple, you and your father go down to the clerk of courts where you would pay for a ticket or get a new tag. You must have valid fl insurance in your name, not your dads to get the car transferred over. Then you present the ins card and the title to the person and tell them he wants it to be in your name as he is gifting it to you.....then you pay a fee for the transfer and wha laaa it is your very one car and you will get a new tag also....



Hope this helps....I sell insurance in florida so i am very familiar with the process.Car Registraion/ Title in FLORIDA?
You and your father go into the DMV with the title. He signs as seller, you sign as buyer. Since it's father to child transfer, I don't think there is any taxes to be paid. There will be a fee for the transfer though. You will get your receipt right then and your new title in your name in the mail. Tell daddy thank you.Car Registraion/ Title in FLORIDA?
You go to the DMV in Florida and transfer the title to your name,You will have to have proof of Ins.and pay the transfer fee.