Thursday, June 2, 2011

How can I get a car title out of my name?

My boyfriend put a car title in my name I don't have the vehicle and need to change it back to the original owners name. I know who the original owner is and his address but he cant be located.What can I do without having the original owner present?How can I get a car title out of my name?
The only way for a vehicle to be put in someone's name, is for them to sign giving permission for it to be done. Either you signed the title application, or your name was forged.



If your name was forged, and you did not know that the car was being put in your name, you can file a police report, and have your state void the title transfer. You most likely will have to agree to press charges against whoever forged the application for title.



If you knew that the car was being put into your name, then you are the legal owner. If you do not know where the car is, report it stolen. Right now you are liable for anything that happens with that vehicleHow can I get a car title out of my name?
Two things.

You need to sign the title to release your interest in the car, give to DMV or next buyer.

You need to sign a Notice of Release of Liability and turn it in to the DMV so the DMV knows for their records (just in case the boyfriend or new buyer doesn't tell the DMV)



If you don't have access to the title, then fill out a REG 256 Statement of Facts explaining the situation. Say, %26quot;I never took possession of the vehicle.%26quot; or what ever the case is.How can I get a car title out of my name?
if you have the title just sigh where it says seller and if it calls for your address put it on there too. you don't have to date but you can . then give the title to the person who has the car. and if they get caught for driving with an open title than that is there problemHow can I get a car title out of my name?
Make a STATEMENT OF FACTS with DMV and send it signed with your current telephone number in case they need to get a hold of you. Give them the facts that you know and ask that you be removed from title.How can I get a car title out of my name?
Your need to call the DMV and see what they can do for you.